Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ellie's 1st Birthday

For Ellie's first birthday we decided to have a few friends and family over. My sister was kind enough to document the event. We decided to have a BBQ in the back yard. Since it was in July, I thought nice bright, summery colors were appropriate. I made her happy birthday banner, and suspended a few tissue flowers from the trellis.


We had quite the delicious spread. Justin was in charge of manning the BBQ, he did a great job with the burgers.


 Cindy made a rhubarb pie

Justin and I tried our hand in making cupcakes. Piping is much harder than it looks.

We ordered Ellie a vegan white cake, chocolate icing, Elmo cake.

We had a great time visiting with our friends


Time to sing Happy Birthday, and start in on the cake



The cake was a hit, to say the least

She has so much fun opening her gifts

Happy Birthday my sweet little baby! We love YOU!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment