Friday, November 9, 2012

Ellie's Big Day

I know, I know a little late....but better than never. Ellie turned two this past July, I have already posted her Birthday photo shoot that we had done at Thanksgiving Point (which I love so much). I had to go out of town on Ellie's actual birthday, so we decided to have our immediate family over the weekend following her birthday. My awesome sister took the photos for me (Aren't sisters the best) and we had a little celebration.

Here we are, she was a little nervous in front of the camera--hence the hands in her mouth. We had just taken away her binky


All three of us


Ohh a smile from our grumpy girl :)


The proud parents of a two year old


I had decided to make two cakes for her birthday, one chocolate and one vanilla (to cover my bases). I had started with the chocolate and everything was going great until it came time to get the cake out of the pan to cool. Half of it stuck in the pan! I happened to be talking to my sister-in-law Erica, I was slightly freaking out because how can you have people over for cake with no cake. She called in a Elmo cupcake for us from our FAVORITE vegan bakery, City Cakes.





Ellie is a crazy little dare devil and insanely active. We decided to get her a bike for her big day, what girl wouldn't want a pink bike! These bikes are so cool, they do not have any pedals. The child sits on the seat and both legs can touch the ground and they learn how to push and balance. This eliminates the need for training wheels with the next bike. Little did we know that even after Justin lowered the seat all the way, let out a little air from the tires, she still couldn't touch the ground. Now that it is November she can touch the tip of her toes on the ground, and starting to enjoy her bike now :)


This is still her favorite way to "ride" her bike


Grandma and Grandpa Bagley got her a little pool for outside which she thoroughly enjoyed it all summer long

No comments:

Post a Comment